NYART Portfolio Graduate Portfolio Prep. course is designed for those applying to graduate art and design programs and in need of building a conceptually cohesive portfolio. Our Graduate Portfolio Course students have been admitted to highly competitive schools such as Harvard, Yale, SAIC and RISD, which only accept less than 20% of the applicants.
Our professional instructors and admission staff specialize in devising individual curricula based on students’ top-choice major and schools, previous GPA, and background. NYART Portfolio Prep, if combined with Admission Management program, includes all aspects of assistance in the entire art school admission process including consultations, essay writing, application submission, interview preparation, documentation of portfolio works and communication with colleges.
NYART instructors work individually with each student to develop each project designed just for the student, so everyone gets different projects and a unique portfolio.
We offer long-term, as well as short-term classes to accommodate student needs.
OUR GRADUATE PROGRAM
- Portfolio preparation course for major art school admissions
- Specialized curriculum for each individual according to major and school of choice
- 4 hours / class
- One semester = 12 weeks
- 12 classes (within 12 wks)
- 24 classes (within 12 wks)
- 36 classes (within 12 wks)
- The shortest and the most effective course
- Recommended for students with less than 4 months to prepare a portfolio
- Great for out-of-state and international students
- Save on living expenses in NYC
- 4 hours / class * 2 = 8 hours / day
- 80 classes (5 days / wk * 8 wks)
- 120 classes (6 days / wk * 8 wks)
- 144 classes (6 days / wk * 10 wks)
- Online Class: Students living outside USA or NYC. Instructor’s continuous communication via email aside from actual class sessions.
- Private Lessons: 1:1 complete portfolio preparation, 100% Accepted to MFA Programs!; Most successful rate of scholarships awarded.
- customized hours
Above are MINIMUM CLASS LOADS SUGGESTED BY NYART in order to build a solid portfolio for Graduate Admissions. You can build your own MFA Prep Course by adding more classes.
*Students who have less than 16 weeks away from their first MFA application deadline should choose an intensive or private lessons option.
GRADUATE PREP OVERVIEW
- Each class is 4 hours, except Private Lessons or Online Lessons.
- All Graduate Prep Students have studio access for “self-study” during business hours.
- For a well thought-out and cohesive portfolio that is desired of a graduate art applicant
- Emphasis on individualized and focused portfolio directions, critiques, and reviews
WHO SHOULD TAKE INTENSIVE COURSE ?
- Anyone with less than 4 months to prepare for graduate admissions
- International or out-of-state residents who want to save money by expediting portfolio building process
- Anyone with/without previous art education/experience in a desired area of study
- Course duration can be CUSTOMIZED. Please contact us
WHO SHOULD TAKE REGULAR COURSE ?
- Anyone hoping to build a portfolio for art school admissions at a steady pace.
- Anyone with or without previous experience in a desired area of study.
- Anyone who wishes to customize their preparation schedule; (you may also add more classes for your needs. Contact us !)
- Anyone who needs to make a graduate-level art portfolio
- Anyone looking to build a portfolio in a focused environment.
- Anyone at any art skill level
WHO SHOULD TAKE SUMMER PORTFOLIO INTENSIVE ?
- Anyone willing to commit full time to making a complete portfolio for summer
- High School students and international students welcome !
- Anyone who wants the benefits of our INTENSIVE course AND special activities
- Workshops, portfolio reviews, art college information sessions, school visits, museum field trips.
Total care program for all procedures and requirements for admission upon completion of the portfolio.
Art Center College of Art Academy of Art University Alfred University CalArts : California Institute of Art California College of Art College for Creative Studies Carnegie Mellon University Cooper Union Columbia University Cornell University Columbus College of Art & Design Corcoran College of Art & Design Cranbrook Academy of Art Drexel University Emily Carr University of Art & Design Harvard University Kansas City Art Institute Maine College of Art Massachusetts College of Art Maryland Institute College of Art Moore College of Art & Design New York School of Interior Design NYU : New York University Otis College of Art OCAD University Parsons School of Design Pratt Institute Rice University RISD : Rhode Island School of Design Ringling College of Art & Design Rochester Institute of Technology SAIC : School of the Art Institute of Chicago Savannah College of Art & Design SVA : School of Visual Arts Syracuse University Temple University : Tyler School of Art University of Michigan University of Pennsylvania University of the Arts London : Central Saint Martins University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Virginia Commonwealth University UCLA : University of California Los Angeles Yale University
Art Therapy Accessories Design Advertising Advertising Design Animation Architecture Art Education Art Business Branding Car Design Comic Illustration Cartooning Communication Design Community Arts Computer Graphics/Arts Digital Photography Digital Media Electronics Media Display and Exhibit Design Drawing Electronic Arts Environmental Design Fashion Design Fashion Marketing and Business Fabric Styling Fibers/Textiles Film Fine Arts Furniture Design Game Design Graphic Design Illustration Industrial Design Interior Design Interior Architecture Intermedia Interactive Media Jewelry Design Landscape Design Medical Illustration Menswear Multimedia Packaging Design Painting Papermaking Photography Product Design Restoration Sculpture Studio Art Surface Pattern Design Theater Design Time-Based Media Toy Design Textile Design Transportation Design Visual Communications/Studies/Design.