NYART Undergraduate Portfolio Prep course is designed for freshman or transfer undergraduate applicants for college. For an undergraduate portfolio, it is important to show how risk-taking in and dedicated you are to expressing your concepts, ideas and interests, more importantly so than technical skills.
Our professional instructors and admissions staff specialize in devising individual curricula for students based on their targeted major and schools, previous GPA, and background. NYART’s instructors work individually with each student to develop each project designed just for the student, so everyone gets different projects for their unique portfolio.
NYART’s Undergraduate Portfolio Prep course, if combined with Admission Management Program, includes all aspects of assistance in the entire art school admission process including consultations, essay writing, application submission, documentation of portfolio works and communication with colleges.
We offer long-term, as well as short-term classes to accommodate student needs.
- Portfolio preparation course for major art school admissions
- Specialized curriculum for each individual according to major and school of choice
- 4 hours / class
- One semester = 12 weeks
- 12 classes (within 12 wks)
- 24 classes (within 12 wks)
- 36 classes (within 12 wks)
- The shortest and the most effective course
- Shortest targeted program for safe admission
- 6 months’ worth of work completed in 8 weeks
- Great for out-of-state and international students
- Save on living expenses in NYC
- 4 hours / class * 2 = 8 hours / day
- 80 classes (5 days / wk * 8 wks)
- 120 classes (6 days / wk * 12 wks)
- 144 classes (6 days / wk * 12 wks)
- Online Class: Students living outside USA or NYC. Instructor’s continuous communication via email aside from actual class sessions.
- Private Lessons: 1:1 complete portfolio preparation, 100% Accepted to MFA Programs!; Most successful rate of scholarships awarded.
- customized hours
UNDERGRADUATE PREP OVERVIEW
- Each class is 4 hours, except for Private Lessons and Online Class
- NYART offers small intimate classes to create a distinctive portfolio that highlights your talent.
- Successful admission comes out of wonderful teamwork! A team of instructors, advisors and coordinators work closely to keep track of your progress!
WHO SHOULD TAKE INTENSIVE COURSE ?
- Anyone who wants to finish portfolio in a short period of time.
- International and out-of-state students who want to save money by expediting portfolio completion
- Anyone at any skill level
- 12 weeks (roughly 3 months) of INTENSIVE course is equivalent to roughly 6-10 months of REGULAR course.
- Course duration can be CUSTOMIZED. Please contact us.
WHO SHOULD TAKE REGULAR COURSE ?
- Anyone hoping to build a portfolio for art school admissions at a steady pace.
- Anyone with or without previous experience in a desired area of study.
- Anyone who has time during the evening and/or weekend.
- Anyone who needs to make a specialized art portfolio
- Anyone looking to build a portfolio in a focused environment.
- Anyone at any art skill level
WHO SHOULD TAKE SUMMER PORTFOLIO INTENSIVE ?
- Anyone willing to commit full time to making a complete portfolio for summer
- High School students and international students welcome !
- Anyone who wants the benefits of our INTENSIVE course AND special activities
- Workshops, portfolio reviews, art college information sessions, school visits, museum field trips.
- Individualized application preparation guide
- Art and design colleges application workshop
- Information sessions by major art schools and 1:1 portfolio evaluation by our admission counselor.
- Visits to renowned art schools, galleries, museums and field trips.
- 8 hours per day, MONDAY to SATURDAY
48 classes for 4 WEEKS
96 classes for 8 WEEKS
144 classes for 12 WEEKS
– MORE INFO ON REGISTRATION PRICES HERE.
Total care program for all procedures and requirements for admission upon completion of the portfolio.
Art Center College of Art Academy of Art University Alfred University CalArts : California Institute of Art California College of Art College for Creative Studies Carnegie Mellon University Cooper Union Columbia University Cornell University Columbus College of Art & Design Corcoran College of Art & Design Cranbrook Academy of Art Drexel University Emily Carr University of Art & Design FIT : Fashion Institute of Technology Harvard University Kansas City Art Institute Maine College of Art Massachusetts College of Art Maryland Institute College of Art Moore College of Art & Design New York School of Interior Design NYU : New York University Otis College of Art OCAD University Parsons School of Design Pratt Institute Rice University RISD : Rhode Island School of Design Ringling College of Art & Design Rochester Institute of Technology SAIC : School of the Art Institute of Chicago Savannah College of Art & Design SVA : School of Visual Arts Syracuse University Temple University : Tyler School of Art University of Michigan University of Pennsylvania University of the Arts London : Central Saint Martins University of Illinois Urbana Champaign Virginia Commonwealth University UCLA : University of California Los Angeles Yale University
Art Therapy Accessories Design Advertising Advertising Design Animation Architecture Art Education Art Business Branding Car Design Comic Illustration Cartooning Communication Design Community Arts Computer Graphics/Arts Digital Photography Digital Media Electronics Media Display and Exhibit Design Drawing Electronic Arts Environmental Design Fashion Design Fashion Marketing and Business Fabric Styling Fibers/Textiles Film Fine Arts Furniture Design Game Design Graphic Design Illustration Industrial Design Interior Design Interior Architecture Intermedia Interactive Media Jewelry Design Landscape Design Medical Illustration Menswear Multimedia Packaging Design Painting Papermaking Photography Product Design Restoration Sculpture Studio Art Surface Pattern Design Theater Design Time-Based Media Toy Design Textile Design Transportation Design Visual Communications/Studies/Design.